HOME OWNERS GRANT CHANGES
On Tuesday, December 8, 2020, the B.C. government introduced legislation to amend the Home Owner Grant Act. These amendments are the first step to centralizing the home owner grant program. The proposed amendments do not change the eligibility criteria for the program. Regulations are required to enable the Province to begin accepting applications.
What this means:
- The Province will be entirely responsible for the home owner grant program for the 2023 tax year.
- All home owners will apply directly to the Province online or over the phone.
- The provincial application will be available early in the new year, subject to the deposit of the regulations. Work on the regulations is currently underway.
- Municipalities will no longer accept retroactive or new applications for the grant and instead direct homeowners to www.gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant.
CREDIT CARD payments accepted by OPTIONPAY
You do not need to register or log in to your account to make any payments
The Village of Pemberton is now accepting ONLINE credit card payments using OptionPay - a third party software provider. For a small fee, OptionPay provides our community with another convenient method of paying for taxes, utilities, municipal tickets and more. OptionPay uses a tiered fees schedule to collect a load fee on each transaction.
Is OptionPay safe?
According to the OptionPay website: "We understand the importance of secure and reliable online transaction processing. That's why we provide the latest fraud tools, delivering our merchants secure, user friendly processing. Our fraud tools are built into our software and perform a variety of Internet-specific checks that substantially reduce risk of fraud. These checks include Duplicate screening, AVS, CVV-CVV2, GeoIP, Blacklists, Velocity and Frequency checks. Verified by Visa (VbV) and Secure by MasterCard can also be integrated as an enhanced security tool."
As with all online payment methods, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure their payment is received on time by the Village of Pemberton. When using OptionPay, please allow up to (5) five business days for payments to be processed. This is important when it comes to avoiding penalties and interest charges on balances owing.
How to Pay with OptionPay Online – Pay Now
- Enter your payment type and value of payment
- The system will calculate the convenience fee based on the value you are paying, for a list of convenience fees please click here.
- The total due, including the convenience fee, will appear.
- Select which bill you would like to pay under expense type (i.e. Taxes, Business Licence, Municipal Tickets, etc.).
- Enter the appropriate account ID
Property Tax – your 11 digit roll number starting with 560
Accounts Receivable – your invoice number
Business Licence – your account number as found on your invoice or NEW
Municipal Ticket – your ticket number
Utility Billing – your 11 digit account number starting with 000
Development Permit – your civic address
- Enter your email address and any comments that will assist with your payment
- Click to authorize OptionPay to charge your card and the secure transaction boxes.
- Click on Submit Payment
- A confirmation receipt is sent to your email address as provided in Step 6.
Please be advised that the Village of Pemberton does not provide refunds or process cancellations for transactions made using OptionPay. Once you have consented to the processing of your credit card payment and remitted the associated load fee, the charge and fee is irreversible. If the payment was made to the wrong account or is a duplicate charge, please contact us at email@example.com.
*Your annual utility bill is included on the tax notice and is due on July 4, 2023. For a complete breakdown of your utility bill, please login to MY VOP ACCOUNTS or contact the Village Office.
To avoid penalties, payment must be received at the Village of Pemberton by the due date of July 4, 2023. Payment can be made by mail, in person at the Village office, or online through your Financial Institution. Methods of payment include cash, cheque, money order, Interac, OptionPay and telebanking.
YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO MAKE PAYMENT IN PERSON AT YOUR BANK.
Payment by cheque: Make cheque payable to the Village of Pemberton. Returned cheques constitute non-payment of taxes and will be subject to applicable penalties and/or interest and a $25.00 service charge.
Payment by mail: Send payment (payable to the Village of Pemberton) to:
Village of Pemberton
PO Box 100
Pemberton, BC, V0N 2L0
Please allow sufficient time for delivery by mail as your payment must be received by the Village by July 4, 2023. Postmarks are not considered as date of payment.
Online payments: Property taxes and utilities can be paid through ONLINE BILL PAYMENT at most financial institutions – check with your bank for details.
Add Pemberton, Village of > Taxes as a Payee on your online bank account. Your account number is your roll number. If you bank with a credit union, you may need to contact your branch for special instructions.
Unpaid 2023 taxes and utilities (including unclaimed Home Owner Grants) are subject to a penalty of 10% effective July 4, 2023 at midnight.